Specs

Manufacturer: RemingtonModel: 700 SPS TacticalCaliber: .308 Win (7.62x51mm NATO) - Test RifleBarrel: Remington Heavy Barrel ContourBarrel Length: 20" (508mm)Twist: 1:12" RHMagazine: 4 round internalTrigger: Factory XMarkProStock: Hogue OvermoldedMetal Finish: Matte BluingWeight: 7.5 lbs (3.40 kg) - Less OpticsOverall Length: 40.0" (1.016m)Street Price: $ 750

We freshly performed a evaluation on the Remington 700 SPS-Varmint to test the suitability of that rifle as a tactical rifle, however this time roughly we will be testing the Remington 700 SPS Tactical rifle to see just how well it performs. The SPS Tactical is just accessible with Remington premium dealers, yet in truth they should be sensibly easy to uncover. These rifles are especially labeled and also marketed as a tactical rifle and as such we will certainly be evaluating it as a tactical rifle and also not a varmint rifle filling a tactical rifle role. We ordered a rifle from our supplier and all set for the evaluation.

You are watching: Rem 700 sps tactical 308 for sale

Eric November fourth, 2020

Are you certain around the twist rate? Several other websites are mirroring 1:10 twist

mele-02 November fourth, 2020

The original SPS tactical was a 1:12″, the SPS Tactical AAC was a 1:10″. Right currently, through Remington’s existing state of affairs, I’m not sure which they are using on the tacticals.

Snake November 4th, 2020

The Weaver T36 (l think it was) wsnt specifically a Leupold but it was a really good scope that didnt kill the financial institution. Anymethod, was this scope discontinued?? Of the not “so expensive” scopes, what is an excellent tarobtain scope that would be an excellent coice? I cant afford Leupold so I’m searching for a bbest, airey viewed scope. Please help!

mele-02 November 5th, 2020

The T36 was a resolved 36x scope, more than likely not a good choice. The vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40mm is a good affordable choice that is not made in China and it does okay.

See more: Bard College, Richard B Fisher Center For The Performing Arts

MediumRare1833 December 11th, 2020

I simply bought the precise same rifle but with a threaded barrel and installed a Vortex Viper. I haven’t had actually an opportunity to test it on the selection yet, but I hope to acquire some good outcomes. I also noticed that the stock does make fairly a bit of call via the barrel as soon as a bipod is installed up front. What is your opinion on adding an aluminum chassis to include a detachable magazine and stop the stock from emotional the barrel? My following project was going to be structure a precision rifle, yet probably I can build this to fit that duty instead?

mele-02 December 1fourth, 2020

Dropping the barreled activity right into a better stock normally yields pretty excellent results. Free floating the barrel seems to help these rifles. It definitely can feel that duty without gaining too expensive. Should be basic sub MOA rifle, some go listed below .5 MOAMEL

John December 27th, 2020

I did a budacquire construct through an SPS .308. I dropped the barreled activity right into a KRG Bravo chassis, set up a CG X-Treme Mod 22 Tactical cause via security and also solid create shoe, and also ran an inexpensive Vortex Diamondearlier Tactical scope. Swarm .5-.75 MOA groups via ease out to 200yrds. Started to check out some noticeable grouping diameter boosts at 300-450 yrds. Still happy through the performance for the price of the rifle, though the stock, IMO, is almost a throw away for anyone that wants to perform precision shooting. Oh yeah, added a KRG bolt lift for simpler manipulation. This is a basic to install and affordable alteration which I suggest, at least for what I choose to feel as soon as manipulating a bolt action. Just my $0.02.

mele-02 January sixth, 2021

Yep, you pretty much hit it on the head. The barreled activity has been solid and also perdevelops well. great for building off of.many thanks for the report.MEL