oThe essential reaction involves the change of one functional group to another functional team in substrates, utilizing a wide variety of reagents at certain conditions.
oAlkynes are unsaturated compounds that contain carbon-carbon triple bonds which will undergo
oAlkenes space unsaturated compounds the contain carbon-carbon twin bonds which will undergo electrophilic addition reactions. In electrophilic addition reactions, the weaker pi bonding electrons strike an electrophile, forming a carbocation intermediate, and also then a nucleophile strikes the carbocation to type the enhancement product.
You are watching: Draw the structures of organic compounds a and b. indicate stereochemistry where applicable.
• Unsaturated hydrocarbons such as alkenes and also alkynes undergo hydrogenation reactions on reaction through
• The stereochemistry that hydrogen enhancement on one alkyne counts on the i) Nature of steels used ii) Reaction problems (reagents, concentration and also temperature).
• The product developed in a
• The hydration that alkenes to kind alcohols is done v the aid of an acid (most commonly, sulfuric acid), a catalyst (most likely, mercury salt), and water together a solvent.
See more: Reduce 625 As A Fraction In Simplest Form, Reduce 625/100 To Lowest Terms
• Lindlar’s catalyst is used to reduce the carbon-carbon triple bonds the exist in the alkynes giving the alkenes.